55. NANCY6 BELK (MARION RUTH5 MOORE, RUTH4 STEELE, BENJAMIN FRANKLIN3, JOHN JEHU PYLE2, THOMAS1) She married R. L. SMITH.
Children of NANCY BELK and R. SMITH are:
i. MARK7 SMITH.
ii. LISA SMITH, b. Abt. 1958; d. 1962.
Notes for LISA SMITH:
Lisa Smith, four year old daughter of Mr. and Mrs. R. L. Smith of Brownsville, Texas drowned at her home about seven o'clock Friday night.
The child's mother is the former Nancy Belk, daughter of Mrs. Mack E. Belk of Irving, Texas and the late Mr. Belk. Mrs. Belk will be remembered here as the former Marion Moore.
Mrs. Belk was visiting friends here at the time of the childs death. Friends carried her to Shreveport, La., where she left by plane that night for Brownsville.
Besides her parents and grandmother, Lisa is survived by a brother and sister of the home.
iii. "DAUGHTER" SMITH.
56. ELDERLENE6 BELK (MARION RUTH5 MOORE, RUTH4 STEELE, BENJAMIN FRANKLIN3, JOHN JEHU PYLE2, THOMAS1) She married THOMAS R. COKER, SR.
Children of ELDERLENE BELK and THOMAS COKER are:
i. WILLIAM E.7 COKER.
ii. CLIFTON COKER.
iii. THOMAS R. COKER, JR..
57. JEAN CAROL6 BRYANT (MARY ETHEL5 REED, VIOLA4 STEELE, BENJAMIN FRANKLIN3, JOHN JEHU PYLE2, THOMAS1) was born June 24, 1933 in Pine Bluff, Jefferson County, Arkansas. She married WILLIAM "BILL" ROY ABBOTT December 30, 1954 in Pine Bluff, Jefferson County, Arkansas, son of WILLIAM ABBOTT and HELEN RAGAN. He was born July 12, 1933 in Gurdon, Clark County, Arkansas.
More About JEAN CAROL BRYANT:
College Sorority: Alpha Sigma Alpha
College Undergrad.: 1955 Henderson State Teachers College, Arkadelphia, Clark County, Arkansas, B.S. Education
High School: 1951 Pine Bluff High School, Pine Bluff, Arkansas
High School Honors: National Honor Society
More About WILLIAM "BILL" ROY ABBOTT:
College Activities: President Senior Class, Tennis Team, ROTC
College Undergrad.: 1955 Henderson State Teachers College, Arkadelphia, Clark County, Arkansas
High School: 1951 Gurdon High School, Gurdon, Clark County, Arkansas, B.A. Business
Military service: Two years service
More About WILLIAM ABBOTT and JEAN BRYANT:
Lived: 2002 Portland, San Partricio County, Texas
Marriage: December 30, 1954, Pine Bluff, Jefferson County, Arkansas
Marriage Church: Lakeside Methodist Church, Pine Bluff, Arkansas
Marriage Reverend: Reverend John McCormick
Children of JEAN BRYANT and WILLIAM ABBOTT are:
70. i. MARY ANNE7 ABBOTT, b. March 20, 1957, Wurtzburg, Germany.
71. ii. WILLIAM "BILL" ROY ABBOTT, b. July 4, 1959, Corpus Christi, Nueces County, Texas.